If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

The above link will then take you to my bookstore.

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Oh, sometimes the shadows are deep




Oh, sometimes the shadows are deep,
And rough seems the path to the goal;
And sorrows, how often they sweep,
Like tempests, down over the soul!

Oh, sometimes how long seems the day,
And sometimes how heavy my feet;
But, toiling in life’s dusty way,
The Rock’s blessed shadow, how sweet!

Oh, near to the Rock let me keep,
Or blessings, or sorrows prevail;
Or climbing the mountain way steep,
Or walking the shadowy vale.

Chorus
Oh, then to the Rock let me fly,
To the Rock that is higher than I;
Oh, then to the Rock let me fly,
To the Rock that is higher than I.
     E. Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment