If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

The above link will then take you to my bookstore.

Monday, June 10, 2013

Thee will I love, my Strength, my Tower

June 10

Thee will I love, my Strength, my Tower,
Thee will I love, my Joy, my Crown;
Thee will I love with all my power,
In all Thy works, and Thee alone;
Thee will I love, till the pure fire
Fill my whole soul with chaste desire.

I thank Thee, uncreated Sun,
That Thy bright beams on me have shined;
I thank Thee, Who hast overthrown
My foes, and healed my wounded mind;
I thank Thee, Whose enlivening voice
Bids my freed heart in Thee rejoice.

Uphold me in the doubtful race,
Nor suffer me again to stray;
Strengthen my feet with steady pace
Still to press forward in Thy way;
That all my powers, with all their might,
In Thy sole glory may unite.

Thee will I love, my Joy, my Crown;
Thee will I love, my Lord, my God!
Thee will I love, beneath Thy frown
Or smile, Thy scepter or Thy rod.
What though my flesh and heart decay?
Thee shall I love in endless day.
     Johann Scheffler Tr John Wesley

No comments:

Post a Comment