If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

The above link will then take you to my bookstore.

Saturday, January 4, 2014

The Master has gone to a distant country

The Master has gone to a distant country
And left me a charge to keep,
A work in His vineyard, a field for reaping,
A shepherd to guard His sheep.

There's labor for me that no other can do,
A place I alone can fill;
Then why should I not be among the chosen,
Rejoicing to do His will?

Shall others go forth to the field of harvest
While I with the idlers stand?
The talent He gave me, shall I not use it,
In following His command?

The day that shall break for my Lord's appearing,
He hath not revealed to me,
Yet if He but find me a faithful servant
A glorious day 'twill be.

Chorus
May I be faithful unto the trust He assigned me;
Constant in service,
Earnest in all that I do;
May I be faithful!
Out in the field may He find me,
When He returneth, patient and loyal and true!
     Chas. H. Gabriel

No comments:

Post a Comment