If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

The above link will then take you to my bookstore.

Monday, February 24, 2014

I am trav’ling tow’rd life’s sunset gate

I am trav’ling tow’rd life’s sunset gate,
I’m a pilgrim going home;
For the glow of eventide I wait,
I’m a pilgrim going home.

There is tranquil rest when day is done,
I shall lay me down in peace;
When the end is reached at set of sun,
I shall lay me down in peace.

By the side of those most near and dear,
I shall drop life’s toil and care;
When the Master’s tender voice I hear,
I shall drop life’s toil and care.

I shall rise again at morning dawn,
I shall put on glory then;
With the shadowy veil of death undrawn,
I shall put on glory then.

Refrain
Ev’ning bells I seem to hear
As the sunset gate draws near!
Ev’ning bells I seem to hear
As the sunset gate draws near!
     Julia H. Johnston

No comments:

Post a Comment