If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

The above link will then take you to my bookstore.

Friday, February 28, 2014

Safe home, safe home in port and Just why He saved me I don’t know


Safe home, safe home in port!
Rent cordage, shattered deck,
Torn sails, provisions short,
And only not a wreck:
But O! the joy upon the shore
To tell our voyage perils o’er.
The prize, the prize secure!
The athlete nearly fell,
Bare all he could endure,
And bare not always well.
But he may smile at troubles gone,
Who sets the victor garland on!

The lamb is in the fold,
In perfect safety penned;
The lion once had hold,
And thought to make an end:
But One came by with wounded side,
And for the sheep the Shepherd died.

The exile is at Home!
O nights and days of tears,
O longings not to roam,
O sins, and doubts and fears-
What matters now (when so men say)
The King has wiped these tears away?
     St Joseph of the Studium Tr by Rev. John Mason Neale



Just why He saved me I don’t know,
Nor why it was He loved me so;
But this I know-He is my Lord,
I’m trusting in His blessed word.

Just why He whispered, “Come to Me,”
I cannot know or tell to thee;
But this I know-I heard His voice,
And in His love I now rejoice.

Just why He tries me ev’ry day,
And lets new sorrows cross my way,
I cannot tell; but this I know-
He’s with me ev’rywhere I go.

O blessed knowledge this, that He
Is ever near to comfort me!
So ev’ry day I’ll trust and sing,
And to my blessed Savior cling.

Chorus
Some day, yes, some day,
When I have heard the angel call,
‘T will all be plain, the loss, the gain;
Yes, some day, I shall know it all.
     Anna Huber Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment