If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

The above link will then take you to my bookstore.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Blessed Bible! how I love it

September 17

Blessed Bible! how I love it!
How it doth my spirit cheer!
What on earth like this to covet?
Oh! what stores of wealth are here!
Man was lost, and doomed to sorrow,
Not one ray of light or bliss
Could he from earth’s treasures borrow,
Till his way was cheered by this.

Yes, I’ll to my bosom press thee;
Precious word, I’ll hide thee here;
Sure my very heart will bless thee,
For thou ever say’st “Good cheer!”
Speak, poor heart, and tell thy ponderings,
Tell how far thy rovings led,
When this book bro’t back thy wanderings,
Speaking life as from the dead.

Blessed Bible!  I will hide thee
Deep, yes deeper in my heart;
Thou thro’ all my life wilt guide me,
And in death we will not part:
Part in death? no, never, never!
Thro’ death’s vale I’ll lean on thee;
Then, in worlds above for ever,
Sweeter still thy truths shall be.
     Mrs. Phoebe Palmer

No comments:

Post a Comment