If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

The above link will then take you to my bookstore.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

I wandered in sorrow and sin

September 25

I wandered in sorrow and sin,
My heart it was heavy and sore,
When I heard a voice saying-
“Arise, and come in! O wander in sorrow no more!”

I struggled in doubt and in fear,
Not knowing to whom I could go,
When the voice again spake, saying-
“Be of good cheer,” So soothingly, tender and low.

I heard it again and again,
So patiently pleading for room,
Till it melted my heart with its pitying strain,
And lighted my soul of its gloom.

I turned to my Father above,
Who maketh His grace to abound
Unto those who believe in His cross and His love,
And O what a Friend I have found!

I’m groping in darkness no more,
His glory illumines my way;
I am walking by faith, and His promises are
My solace and joy ev’ry day.

Chorus
Who could it be, O who could it be,
Tenderly calling, calling to me?
Who could it be, O who could it be,
Who could it be but Jesus?
     W. A. Ogden

No comments:

Post a Comment