If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

The above link will then take you to my bookstore.

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Dispels the shades of night

Dispels the shades of night;
O Jesus, my Defender,
My soul’s supreme delight,
Though fortune should bereave me
Of all I love the best,
If Thou Thy love still leave me,
I freely give the rest.

I know no life divided,
O Lord of life, from Thee;
In Thee is life provided
For all mankind and me;
I know no death, O Jesus,
Because I live in Thee;
Thy death it is which frees us
From death eternally.

I fear no tribulation,
Since, whatso’er it be,
It makes no separation
Between my Lord and me.
If Thou, my God and Teacher,
Vouchsafe to be my own,
Though poor, I shall be richer
Than monarch on his throne.

If, while on earth I wander,
My heart is light and blest,
Ah, what shall I be yonder,
In perfect peace and rest?
O blessed thought in dying!
We go to meet the Lord,
Where there shall be no sighing,
A kingdom our reward.
     Karl Johann Philipp Spitta Tr. Richard Massie

No comments:

Post a Comment