If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

The above link will then take you to my bookstore.

Monday, April 21, 2014

Thou hidden Love of God, Whose height

Thou hidden Love of God, Whose height,
Whose depth unfathom'd, no man knows;
I see from far Thy beauteous light,
Inly I sigh for Thy repose.
My heart is pain'd, nor can it be
At rest, till it finds rest in Thee.

Is there a thing beneath the sun
That strives with Thee my heart to share?
Ah, tear it thence, and reign alone,
The Lord of every motion there;
Then shall my heart from earth be free,
When it has found repose in Thee.

Each moment draw from earth away
My heart, that lowly waits Thy call;
Speak to my inmost soul, and say:
"I am thy Love, thy God, thy All!"
To feel Thy power, to hear Thy voice,
To taste Thy love, be all my choice.
     Gerhard Tersteegen Tr. John Wesley, revised

No comments:

Post a Comment