If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

The above link will then take you to my bookstore.

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Jesus, I know, hath died for me

Jesus, I know, hath died for me:
Here is my hope, my joy, my rest;
Hither, when hell assails, I flee,
I look into my Saviour’s breast.
Away, sad doubt and anxious fear!
Mercy is all that’s written there.

Though waves and storms go o’er my head,
Though strength, and health, and friends be gone;
Though joys be withered all and dead,
Though every comfort be withdrawn;
On this my steadfast soul relies:
Father, Thy mercy never dies.

Fixed on this ground will I remain,
Though my heart fail and strength decay;
This anchor shall my soul sustain,
When earth’s foundations melt away.
Mercy’s full power I then shall prove,
Loved with an everlasting love.
     Johann Andreas Rothe  Tr John Wesley, altered

No comments:

Post a Comment