If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

The above link will then take you to my bookstore.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Nearer, my God, to Thee

Nearer, my God, to Thee!
Nearer to Thee!
Through Word and Sacrement
Thou com’st to me.
Thy grace is ever near,
Thy Spirit ever here,
Drawing to Thee.

Ages on ages rolled
Ere earth appeared,
Yet Thine unmeasured love
The way prepared;
Long hast Thou yearned for me,
That I might nearer be,
Nearer to Thee!

Thy Son has come to earth,
My sin to bear,
My every wound to heal,
My pain to share.
“God in the flesh” for me,
Brings me now nearer Thee,
Nearer to Thee!

Lo! all my debt is paid,
My guilt is gone.
See!  He is risen for me,
My throne is won.
Thanks, O my God, to Thee!
None now can nearer be,
Nearer to Thee!

Welcome, then, to Thy home,
Blest One in Three!
As Thou has promised, come!
Come, Lord, to me!
Work Thou, O God, through me,
Live Thou, O God in me,
Ever in me!

Surely, it matters not
What earth may bring;
Death is of no account;
Grace will I sing.
Nothing remains for me,
Save to be nearer Thee,
Nearer to Thee!
     Henry Eyster Jacobs

No comments:

Post a Comment