If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

The above link will then take you to my bookstore.

Monday, July 22, 2013

When heavy my burden and steep the way

July 22

When heavy my burden and steep the way,
And powers of darkness their rage display-
Whenever the skies have an angry look,
I find what I need in the grand old Book.

When trouble or sorrow assails my heart,
When called from my loved ones in tears to part,
I open my Bible and there I find
A promise of hope with my grief entwined.

When darkness enfolds me and hides the goal,
When pleasures of earth would allure my soul,
I turn to the Book that was mother’s guide;-
She speaks as tho’ I were still at her side.

O beautiful Bible, O grand old Book,
My heart is aglow as on thee I look;
It points me to Jesus, the Word of God,
And beckons me up by the path He trod.

Chorus
I find what I need in the grand old Book-
So also could you, if you would but look;
In sorrow or joy naught can annoy;
I find what I need in the grand old Book.
     James Rowe

No comments:

Post a Comment