If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

The above link will then take you to my bookstore.

Sunday, August 4, 2013

I sought for a golden harvest

August 4

I sought for a golden harvest,
I sought it from shore to shore;
Returning in doubt and sorrow,
I found it lay close at my door:
I sought for a wonderful jewel,
I sought it far over the strand,
I found it at last in my pathway,
‘Twas lying there close to my hand.

The harvest for which we’re longing
Are sheaves for that great, great day:
The wonderful, precious jewels
Are souls that are going astray.
The harvest is waiting our gleaning,
To yield us the ripe, golden wheat;
The wonderful, wonderful jewels
Are lying so close to our feet.

We’re longing to bring to Jesus
Some service far reaching, grand;
He bids us to seek around us,
The harvest is close to our hand.
Today He is bidding us seek them,
The sinful, the lowly and poor,
The wonderful, wonderful jewels
Are lying so close to our door.

Chorus
O teach us, dear Lord, of the harvest,
To gather the ripe, golden wheat,
The wonderful, wonderful jewels,
And lay them at Thy blessed feet.
     Mary B. Wingate

No comments:

Post a Comment