If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

The above link will then take you to my bookstore.

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

O softly the Spirit is whisp'ring to me

August 6

O softly the Spirit is whisp’ring to me,
With tender compassion, with pitying plea;
I hear His beseeching, and earnestly pray
That Jesus will make me a blessing today.

Some heart may be longing for only a word,
Whose love by the Spirit is quickened and stirred;
Now grant, blessed Savior, this service to me,
Of speaking a comforting message for Thee.

Some soul may be plunged in the darkest despair,
Whose shadows would melt in the sunlight of prayer;
O give me, dear Savior, I humbly implore,
The sweet consolation that soul to restore.

Come, all ye that labor, ye weary and worn,
Come, ye who in sorrow or sinfulness mourn;
With me this petition to Jesus convey:
O make me a blessing, dear Savior, today.

Chorus
Lord, make me a blessing today,
A blessing to some one, I pray;
In all that I do, in all that I say,
O make me a blessing today.
     Ida Scott Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment