If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books

If you wish to order one or more of my Blurb Books click on the link below

http://www.blurb.com/user/store/misto?filter=bookstore

The above link will then take you to my bookstore.

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

I love to be alone with God

November 6

I love to be alone with God,
And to listen to His loving voice;
As He bids my ev’ry care depart,
How His presence makes my heart rejoice!

I tell Him of my doubts and fears,
And He stills the tempest in my breast,
Bids the raging storms of passion cease,
Calms my anxious tho’t with quiet rest.

I tell Him of my weaknesses,
Of my sins, my hopes, and fond desires;
And He cheers my heart to onward press
To gain the goal my soul aspires.

Then let me never seek to know
Sweeter friendship than with Him I find,
As I choose the quiet hours with Him,
Leaving all the busy world behind.

Chorus
Alone with God,
No other friend so dear,
Alone with God,
What joy when He is near!
My heart with rapture thrills,
My cup of blessing fills,
When all alone with God.
     George H. Carr

No comments:

Post a Comment